After seasons of neutral ‘stayhomestyle’ looks and plain basics, expect consumers to gravitate towards items that put the fun back into fashion. It’s time to invest in uplifting print design, artistic and bold colours!
PRINT DESIGN INSPIRATION
Chevron, plaid, florals, artsy, animal prints, check, gingham – these are just some of the most fashionable prints in fashion for fall 22/23. Leopard print is one of the most trendy prints, or at least as fashionable as marble and checkboard print.
✔️ Think high colour, busy repeats and mich-match.
✔️ Joyful expressive designs
✔️ Hyperreal prints
✔️ For florals, opt for expressive and colourful markings – the more artistic the better
✔️ Insta-ready looks that pop will offer the perfect way to peacock, onscreen and in real life
FOCUS ON COLOUR
The key colours for fall A/W 22/23 have an authentic, rich mood and grounded optimism. Colour forecast features red, rose violet, orchid flower, honeycomb, dark oak, lazuli blue, jade.
COLOUR REPORT 2022 COMPARED TO 2021:
Monochrome looks, beige & brown classic colors, for instance, beige showed growth for the past seasons decreased by -10,9%
Brown also dropped by (-21,5%).
White dropped by (-14,2%) as well as
Pastel sorbet decreased by (-38%) compared to FW21.
AUTUMN/WINTER 2022/2023 NEW YORK FASHION WEEK COLOR PALETTE
Contrasting colours that bring together desires for rest and relaxation with exuberant expression and classic, seasonless hues whose versatility expresses longevity. See Pantone Trend Report
The free Fashion Search Engine: TAGWALK offers insight to fall fashion design, colour trends, trend forecast, colour direction, key colours, and design inspiration.
COOLORS.CO is a great free tool where you can: Generate colour palettes, explore palettes, extract palettes from an image, contrast checker, change image colours and convert colour modes.
BEFORE YOU SETTLE ON YOUR PRINT DESIGN, SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER ARE
- The printing methods required for your print idea such as; silkscreen, digital, rubber, panel, rotary, placement etc.
- The feasibility and limitations of your printing methods such as colours, scale, gradient, background colour, seamless repeat, overlaps, borders, quality and minimums etc.
- Ensuring that the fabric that the print is going onto will work with the chosen print method.
- Printing method for your budget and quantity: Some print methods have large set-up costs but are the most cost-effective once in the printing process. Others have less or no set-up cost but significantly higher costs in the printing process. Some have both low set-up costs and printing process charges but require large MOQ.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Book in a design consultation to discuss your design idea and the best print methods to work with your design. Our designer will consider budget, colourways, MOQ’s, as well as the fabrics you would like to print onto. Visionise provides a Pantone book hire service as well as design handover templates. You can read more about the process and everything you need to consider when you plan your print design here: Print Design Process
NEED A PRINT DESIGNER?
- Visionise will create complete fashion design files based on your idea as well as produce the finished printed material. If you are you are not familiar with how to prepare a print design brief, we can provide a free template that will prompt you to complete the information needed. We also can arrange the finished printed fabrics in conjunction with producing the finished garments.