Sustainable Fashion Manufacturing
We are proudly part of the Common Objective
A global platform for sustainable fashion business and industry leaders
CO ( Common Objective) is a platform technology that matches members with the connections and resources they need to succeed and work in the most sustainable way.
CO members have a common objective – to build successful businesses, with a positive impact for people and the environment. Our mission is to make sustainable options more available, particularly for small businesses. Read more about our sustainability plan on our CO – VISIONISE profile.
Understanding Sustainable Garment Manufacturing
Sustainable is a well-known word nowadays. Global organisations like the United Nations widely use it to reflect their drive to create ways of doing, across different areas of society, which can be practised long term. Living sustainably means reducing consumption, reusing articles repeatedly to create a longer lifespan and recycling products or materials to repurpose them. In short, this enables us to use existing materials to produce items instead of using new materials taken from the earth’s resources.
Sustainable garment manufacturing is a step towards making the fashion industry one of the world’s most significant contributors to reducing waste and global emissions. Visionise has implemented various elements in the assembly of a range to reduce waste and save money while producing excellent quality garments and working within transparent frameworks.
Background to Sustainable Fashion Designers Development
Sustainable garment manufacturing is a philosophy that encourages environmental and social responsibility. To best answer the question ‘What is sustainable fashion?’, and understand its goals and background, it’s essential to understand the building blocks of the philosophy:
- Ethical fashion refers to how creators handle the processes in the sustainable fashion industry in Australia and worldwide. The processes involved are production, in which garments are made, the working conditions of the individuals making the garments, and shipping.
- Fairtrade focuses on garments produced according to ethical standards. All workers should earn a living wage, enjoy safe and healthy working conditions, and access support structures such as maternity leave, annual leave, and lunch breaks.
- Circular fashion is the second building block of sustainable fashion. It entails recycling materials, up-cycling items for repeated use, and thrifting. We recycle material to make new clothes or use naturally sustainable materials such as TENCEL™, a Lenzing-Certified fabric identified by its soft skin and luxury silkiness and flow.
- Slow fashion is identified as quality-based rather than time-based. Some characteristics of Slow Fashion is that the garments are made from high quality, sustainable materials. It allows for slower production, unifies sustainability with ethics and ultimately invites consumers to invest in well-made and lasting clothes.
- Conscious fashion speaks to deliberate decision making before buying an item and finding product lines and suppliers that support eco-friendly, green fashion.
Benefits of Fabric Sourcing
The best sustainable fashion designers from Australia have found the secret to sustainability at the start of the process, the fabric. Fabrics are often the inspiration for the design and style of a garment.
Origin of the sourced material will influence the rest of the production line in terms of the shipping costs, import timelines, and final garment cost, to name a few. Making an informed decision is vital.
- It creates a world of inspiration for the designer to match a design with the ideal fabric or find hidden trim gems for designing a signature piece.
- The availability of fabric plays a vital role in the production process. Having sourced material at the design stage means you can make samples with the correct pattern according to the fabric characteristics and suitable stitching and trims. Changing the fabrics after making the samples may necessitate new patterns, new samples, and loss of time and money.
Our company is more than an employer; we are an organism seeking greener pastures to sustainably move towards the future and ensure our next generation will have a home. Although the company is young, we strive for excellence through our services. We simplify the process of design, development and production management for fashion brands. Our senior designers are highly experienced in the fashion industry with a keen eye for detail, problem-solving, and creating high quality garments.
Contact us now, and join the community of conscious fashion enthusiasts at Visionise.