Ready To Wear Clothing
Ready To Wear Clothing Design and Production
There are many processes involved in running a successful fashion label and building your brand in the industry. Start-ups and established businesses can all benefit from adding professional design consultants to your team. Visionise is an agency of experienced fashion designers that help brands get ready to wear clothing designed and produced.
Working with a designer gives you access to established project management tools, trusted fabric suppliers, and creative minds to provide feedback on your designs. We help businesses manufacture a wide range of women’s, men’s and kids apparel, including knitwear, swimwear, surf wear, underwear, outerwear, yoga wear, activewear, denim, and loungewear clothing. Discover more about ready to wear clothing design below and how it can bring you success as a fashion entrepreneur.
The Benefits of Ready to Wear Designs
Ready to wear or prêt-à-porter clothing is produced in standardised sizes that customers can buy in finished condition and wear right off the rack. This type of production contrasts haute couture, which involves making a garment for a specific person to wear that is custom-designed to fit their body. Many designers such as Ralph Lauren, Kelvin Klein, and Gucci produce successful ready to wear collections. Here are the benefits of ready to wear clothing production.
- Faster processes. Once you have completed your design development and created garment tech packs, manufacturing your ready to wear collection happens very quickly. Ready to wear clothes are made in a factory with advanced equipment that batch produces clothing – speeding up the production process. Industrial machinery can produce intricate knitted clothing in hours and kids’ wear in minutes.
- Wider market exposure. Producing multiple versions of the same design means that more people end up wearing your label. The exposure helps you build your brand and attract a larger customer base. Good quality garments create loyal customers and sustainable sales. Consider partnering with influencers to extend your reach, especially for activewear promotion on fitness platforms.
- Increased manufacturing capacity. Producing standardised sizes is simple once you have the base pattern in place. Factories can mass produce items for large orders in just a few days, allowing you to spend more time on the design phase to create a unique concept. Ready to wear designs allow you to fulfil larger orders without compromising on quality and workmanship.
- Easily repurposed. Conscious fashion is gaining popularity in the worldwide effort to reduce carbon emissions and combat climate change. Standardised sizes mean your clothing will fit more people, and it can be repurposed and reused in future. There is an additional sales opportunity for vintage designer items and pre-loved clothing in the ready to wear market. Producing sustainable, recyclable ready to wear clothes helps you build an eco-friendly fashion label.
Tips for Designing Ready to Wear Fashion Collections
Many fashion designers aim to break into the haute couture scene early in their careers. The fashion industry is constantly evolving, and it can be overwhelming to both new designers and established businesses at times. Ready to wear fashion collections produce more revenue for start-ups, and their sales provide a stable income for established designers.
Many celebrated fashion designers produce both ready to wear and made to measure clothing. Here are some tips for all fashion entrepreneurs, no matter your industry experience.
- Create something unique. Just because your design is replicated on numerous garments doesn’t mean it must be ordinary and lifeless. Create memorable pieces that will attract new customers from a distance and speak to your brand’s vision. An iconic print, trim or knitwear stitch applied consistently on your clothing pieces can help your audience identify your brand.
- Understand your target market. Connect with your audience and examine your brand from a buyer’s perspective. Identifying your niche market creates more cohesive collections and intentional designs. Start with a narrow fashion niche and gradually build your product line through subsequent collections. Think about your customer base’s typical taste, budget, and quality preferences during your design process.
- Value customer feedback. Your designs are a manifestation of your creativity, and it can be challenging to hear negative critiques of your work. No matter how proud you are as a designer, some customer feedback can be helpful to your brand and help you improve your products. Do not allow others to affect your overall design concept and vision; instead, listen to selected comments about quality and functionality from your desired target market.
- Business planning and budgeting. Update your business plan yearly targets and goals to ensure you work within your budget and don’t lose sight of your original vision. Do not compromise on quality and consider launching a smaller collection of well-made pieces if you are on a tight budget. Allocate sufficient funds for an effective marketing program to generate the most profit.
How Visionise Can Bring Your Concept to Life
We started Visionise as established fashion designers and project managers that wanted to help creative entrepreneurs build solid, sustainable brands in the fashion industry. Our team has decades of combined experience in international markets, and our wealth of knowledge ranges from design, production, marketing, and website creation.
We are passionate about sustainable fashion, and we can connect you to a network of trusted, ethical suppliers and manufacturers. We offer solutions for every stage of your business process, whether you need design guidance, tech pack templates, manufacturing, or help to digitise your business. Contact us for more information.